Kiff longboarding weekend out at St Francis. Saturday saw the EP Longboard Association's annual Golf Day, which was held at the St Francis course. Thankfully the weather held, and a great days golf was enjoyed by all. Michelle Van Kempen made a huge effort with the golf day, and R15 000 was raised towards getting the EP team down to the SA Longboard Champs in Cape Town. All longboarders owe Michelle a wave!!
Sunday saw the 4th and final longboard trials held at Hulett's Reef in St Francis. It's a classic lil longboard wave, and a perfect venue for a comp. Some super fun waves rolled through, picking up as the tide pushed in the afternoon.
Special mention to Pop (Dean Simpson), Greg Clark, Hannah Bing and Margareet Wibbleling who had a few outstanding scores in their heats.
Congratulations to Mr Rowan Nicholls and Mr Ian Strang who took down the first place prize with a superb score of 44 points, Charlie Wells for the nearest the pin prize and Alec Mcdaid for the longest drive.
Michelle, on behalf of EP longboarding, would also like to thank the following people:
· Garth and Kerry.
· Fasie and Anita from the Cape St Francis Resort.
· Johnny Bakker, our president of EP Short boarders and Vice President of SSA, and local PE ripper.
· Dave Anderson and Cris Opperman from Sherwoods (Engen and Wimpy Humansdorp).
· Mr Willie Coetzee from Bond Street Financial services and Portfolio management.
· Neville and Philippa Hulett, Penny Frost from Midas Earthcote in St Francis Bay.
· Barry Heasley and the team from DPI Signs.
· Kerwin Allen from Bay View Boating in St Francis Bay.
· Mark and Greg Christy of Christy’s Catch.
· Gav and the Team from Impson Logistics.
· Richard Arderne from Pam Golding St Francis Bay who not only sponsored but had a great heat at the comp
· Josh Enslin and Billabong.
· Ryan Anderson and O Neill.
· Martin and Charmaine Haines.
· Lettie Rachman from the Butchers Shop in St Francis Bay.
· Steven Bogish and Commercial Marine.
· Andre Van Der Putte and SAB Miller.
· Herbie Hauptfleisch from Roof and Paving Cleaning Services.
· Lastly to my husband, Len, for all his help sourcing prizes and helping set up both events.